[Openstack-operators] Potential deprecation of cinder.cross_az_attach option in nova

Sam Morrison sorrison at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 23:27:30 UTC 2015

We very much rely on this and I see this is already merged! Great another patch I have to manage locally.

I don’t understand what the confusion is. We have multiple availability zones in nova and each zone has a corresponding cinder-volume service(s) in the same availability zone.

We don’t want people attaching a volume from one zone to another as the network won’t allow that as the zones are in different network domains and different data centres.

I will reply in the mailing list post on the dev channel but it seems it’s too late.

Sam