[Openstack-operators] [vcpu] [devstack] [kilo]

Heiko Krämer hkraemer at anynines.com
Tue Sep 22 10:09:56 UTC 2015

Hi,

your scheduler delivers all threads to the cores, so if you have some
running processes in your VM, all cores will be used.
A CPU core in your VM is representing by one process on the host system,
normally. That's depend on your hypervisor.

Another thing, you can set explicitly which core you will use on your
host system for your VM to isolate the processes and maps these to one core.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Heiko