[Openstack-operators] best openstack distro for vmware
ignaziocassano at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 06:39:40 UTC 2015
Hi Edgar, to be more specific I heard about some limitations:
- Openstack does use regions, zones and aggregates with vmware
- Openstack sees vmware clusters like a unique node
- Openstack supports only vmware drs full automation
- Openstack does not support obeject storage with vmware
- Opestanck gance does not support ovf format
- Openstack with vmware does not support ephemeral storage
- Opstanck celiometer is not ehough for vmware and we need vrealize
etc etc etc ....
2015-09-16 20:42 GMT+02:00 Edgar Magana <edgar.magana at workday.com>:
> You may need to be more specific about the integration that you are
> looking for.
> Do you need ESXi only support or integration with other vmware components.
> From: Ignazio Cassano
> Date: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 at 11:18 AM
> To: "openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org"
> Subject: [Openstack-operators] best openstack distro for vmware
> Hi all,
> I am looking for an openstack distro with a good integration with vmware
> I know the best result is using kvm but we have a lot of vm on vmware.
> I read about vio, platform9 and red hat but I need to retrive some
> comparison document and openstack roadmap on vmware.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the OpenStack-operators