[Openstack-operators] Rate limit an max_count

Jean-Daniel Bonnetot jean-daniel.bonnetot at ovh.net
Thu Sep 10 08:38:34 UTC 2015

The use case is a crossing of two
1. As user, I want to use X,000 instances, in order to accept the load increment during my activity (long period). So the boot rate for instances is low.
2. As operator, I need to be able to set high quota (thousands of instances to cover the first use case) AND prevent users to start too many of instances at a time. In other word, force my client to use a boot rate « low ».
--
Jean-Daniel
@pilgrimstack