[Openstack-operators] [OpenStack][Operators] Follow-up on Mid-cycle discussion on RPC Compatibility

Joseph Bajin josephbajin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 17:31:48 UTC 2015

We recently just upgraded to Juno from Icehouse.

We used the upgrade_levels feature to get Nova off the ground, but ran into
major issues around conductor being too slow to respond to messages and
would cause a lot of our instances to not create.  This would only happen
at a particular high amount of load.  A few vms being built were no
problem, but get into anything over say 15, then the conductor queue would
start showing a lot of unacknowledged messages and basically start causing
a lot of instance creation failures.

I'm happy to provide any other details that are needed.

--Joe

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 12:53 PM, Barrett, Carol L <carol.l.barrett at intel.com