[Openstack-operators] [openstack-dev] [Neutron] Allowing DNS suffix to be set per subnet (at least per tenant)

Maish Saidel-Keesing maishsk at maishsk.com
Thu Sep 3 19:56:39 UTC 2015

On 09/03/15 20:37, Steve Wormley wrote:
> As far as I am aware it is not presently built-in to Openstack. You'll
> need to add a dnsmasq_config_file option to your dhcp agent
> configurations and then populate the file with:
> domain=DOMAIN_NAME,CIDR for each network
> i.e.
> domain=example.com <http://example.com>,10.11.22.0/24
> <http://10.11.22.0/24>
>
> -Steve

Thanks Steve,

I am aware of that 'hack' which has a substantial number of downsides.

The biggest one being that it per subnet - and I afraid to find out what
would happen if more than one tenant configures the same subnet - this
could cause all sorts of problems.

And all of this has to be done with appropriate shell permissions to the
neutron node.

In other words, it could work, but only for a very certain use case.

--
Best Regards,
Maish Saidel-Keesing