[Openstack-operators] [Ceph] Different storage types on different disk types

Arne Wiebalck arne.wiebalck at cern.ch
Mon Oct 26 15:32:53 UTC 2015

Hi Adam,

We provide various volume types which differ in

- performance (implemented via different IOPS QoS specifications, not via different hardware),
- service quality (e.g. volumes on a Ceph pool that is on Diesel-backed servers, so via separate hardware),
- a combination of the two,
- geographical location (with a second Ceph instance in another data centre).

I think it is absolutely realistic/manageable to use the same Ceph cluster for various use cases.

HTH,
 Arne