[Openstack-operators] [Ceph] Different storage types on different disk types

Mike Smith mismith at overstock.com
Mon Oct 26 15:13:37 UTC 2015

Adam,

We use different pools for volumes, images, and Nova ephemeral disks with our Openstack+Ceph deployment.  We don’t currently use different disk types, but there is no reason we couldn’t - and we do plan to do so in the future.

We also leverage a non-Ceph SSD solution that we already own for SSD-backed Cinder volumes in addition to our Ceph based Cinder volumes since Cinder lets you have multi-backend.

Mike Smith
Principal Engineer / Cloud Team Lead
Overstock.com<http://Overstock.com>