[Openstack-operators] [Neutron] public and private fixed IPs

James Denton james.denton at rackspace.com
Sun Oct 25 05:45:26 UTC 2015

Hi Adam,

If you're asking whether or not a VM can be attached to an 'external' network so that the 'public' ip is the fixed IP of them VM, then yes. A Neutron router can also be attached to the same network so that instances in non-routable tenant networks can obtain floating IPs from the same 'public' network. At one time non-admin users were not allowed to attach VMs to 'external' networks but I believe that restriction was removed around Kilo or so.

James

Sent from my iPhone