[Openstack-operators] [Neutron] public and private fixed IPs

Adam Lawson alawson at aqorn.com
Sun Oct 25 05:12:22 UTC 2015

Hi everyone!

When using KVM, does Neutron support binding a public routable address
to one VM in one tenant as a fixed IP that is accessible outside the
cloud (no floating IP for remote access) and a VM in a separate tenant
with private fixed IP's with optional floating IP? Would this be
possible on a per tenant or per region basis?

I'm working on a cloud approach that allows either scenario.

Long story short, I'm trying to support two options in the same cloud
(if possible) so a department/tenant can deploy instances with public
IP's that are directly accessible by the rest of the enterprise (no
NAT) and a second department/tenant that deploys all of their VM's
within the context of a private/isolated tenant network with optional
floating IP's.

Thoughts on how this would be handled? Is it as simple as assigning a
public subnet to a tenant as the fixed/tenant network?

//adam

--

*Adam Lawson*

AQORN, Inc.