[Openstack-operators] Production HAProxy maxconn value?

Sean Lynn trad511 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 20:07:32 UTC 2015

We use HAProxy for all the internal traffic for our OpenStack installation:
~100 nodes per site.  Just started bumping up against the maxconn limit
inside HAProxy.

For those who don't know about this, the net effect will be that whatever
you load balance (API, MySQL, etc...) will be throttled to the maxconn
value - either global or overridden local.  And the out-of-the box value is
8192.

Wondering what everyone else has bumped the maxconn global value to?
Have you just bumped global or done local as well?

Thanks,
Sean Lynn