[Openstack-operators] [Large Deployment Team] Action/Work Items Ahead of Summit, please review

Mike Dorman mdorman at godaddy.com
Thu Oct 15 20:06:47 UTC 2015

During our meeting [1] today we discussed our agenda [2] and action items for the LDT working session [3] at the summit.

We’ve compiled a list of a few things folks can be working on before getting to Tokyo to ensure this session is productive:

1. Neutron Segmented/Routed Networks:
   * Review the current WIP spec: [4]
   * Neutron likely will have their own session on this topic [5], so we may opt to have most of the discussion there.  Schedule for that is TBD, watch the ether pads [2] [5] for updates.

2. Neutron General
   * Dev team is seeking “pain points” feedback, please add yours to the etherpad [6]

3. Common Cells v1 Patch sets
   * If you have not already done so, please add any cells patches you are carrying to the etherpad [7]
   * We’d like to assign the low-hanging-fruit patches out to folks to get into Nova reviews as a step toward merging them into upstream

4. Public Clouds
   * Plan to focus discussion during the session on identifying specific gaps and/or RFEs needed by this constituency
   * Please add these to the etherpad [2] and come ready to discuss at the summit

5. Glance Asks
   * Similar to Public Clouds, this will focus on current gaps and RFEs
   * Fill them in on the etherpad [8] and come prepared to discuss

6. Performance Issues
   * The cross project group has a session specifically for this [9] [10], so we will forego this discussion in LDT in lieu of that

Thanks for your participation in getting these work items moved forward.  We have a big agenda with only 90 minutes.  We can accomplish more in Tokyo if we prepare some ahead of time!

[1]  http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/large_deployments_team_monthly_meeting/2015/large_deployments_team_monthly_meeting.2015-10-15-16.01.html
[2]  https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/TYO-ops-large-deployments-team
[3]  http://sched.co/4Nl4
[4]  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/225384/