[Openstack-operators] [app-catalog] Tokyo Summit Sessions

Christopher Aedo doc at aedo.net
Fri Oct 9 23:07:33 UTC 2015

Hello!  I wanted to send a note letting people know about the two
sessions we have planned for the Tokyo Summit coming up.  Both of them
are on Thursday, with a Fishbowl session followed by a working
session.

I'm eager to get feedback and input while we're in Tokyo.  We are
interested not only in adding content, but in making that content
easier to add and easier to consume.  To that end we've got an
excellent Horizon plugin that makes the App Catalog essentially a
native element of your OpenStack cloud.  Once we complete the first
pass of a real API for the site we will also write a plugin for the
unified client.  We have other plans and ideas along these lines, but
could really use your help in making sure we are headed in the right
direction.

During the Fishbowl we will go over the progress we've made in the
last six months, where things with the App Catalog stand today, and
what our plans are for the next cycle.  This will be highly
interactive, so if you care even a little bit about making OpenStack
better for the end users you should join us!

That session will be followed by a working session where we'll have a
chance to talk over some of the major design decisions we're making
and discuss improvements, concerns, or anything else related to the
catalog that comes up.

Status, progress and plans
http://mitakadesignsummit.sched.org/event/27bf7f9a29094cf9e96026d682db1609
Thursday in the Kotobuki room, from 1:50 to 2:30

Work session
http://mitakadesignsummit.sched.org/event/7754b46437c14cd4fdb51debebe89fb0
Thursday in the Tachibana room, from 2:40 to 3:20

-Christopher