[Openstack-operators] Failed to create nova instances after successfully installed openstack using devstack singlenode local.conf(juno)

Irene Wu iwu at solananetworks.com
Tue Oct 6 20:33:46 UTC 2015

Hi,

I was able to install a controller using devstack singlenode local.conf
(juno branch) in one VM(ubuntu14.04) and also installed a Lithium odl
and installed features : odl-base-all, odl-aaa-authn, odl-restconf,
odl-nsf-all, odl-mdsal-apidocs, odl-ovsdb-openstack odl-ovsdb-northbound
odl-dlux-core on other VM(ubuntu 14.04).  But when I tried to create
instance in openstack dashboard GUI, I got error "“Error: No valid host
was found”.  I googled this error but is still unable to resolve it.

devstack local.conf attached.

controller ip :192.168.20.100
odl ip : 192.168.20.110

Here is the output of nova-manage service list:

Binary           Host Zone             Status     State Updated_At
nova-conductor   sln-openstack                     internal enabled
:-)   2015-10-06 18:41:11
nova-cert        sln-openstack                     internal enabled
:-)   2015-10-06 18:41:11
nova-scheduler   sln-openstack                     internal enabled
:-)   2015-10-06 18:41:11
nova-compute     sln-openstack                     nova enabled    :-)
2015-10-06 18:41:10
nova-consoleauth sln-openstack                     internal enabled
:-)   2015-10-06 18:41:11

I was looking for the nova computer log, but there was no /var/log/nova/
directory created on the controller node ( the computer node is on the
same node with the controller node).  Is there anything I missed?

Thanks,
Irene