[Openstack-operators] [Openstack] [Neutron][Linuxbridge] Problem with configuring linux bridge agent with vxlan networks

Andreas Scheuring scheuran at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon Oct 5 08:09:58 UTC 2015

Hi Sławek,

virbr0 belongs to the default libvirt network that is set up when you
install libvirt. It's not related to Openstack.

You should verify, that the vxlan port is open on both hypervisors
(default 4789 udp). This is not set up by Openstack but needs to be done
by the deployment tool or the deployer (if upstream Openstack)

In any case it's helpful to debug with tcpdump to see if packets are
leaving eth1 and if they are encapsulated. With tcpdump you also should
be able to figure out the used port if it is not 4789 (I don't know the
lb default)

But as mentioned before, my first guess is the vxlan port that needs to
be enabled in iptables by hand on each node (compute & network node).

--
Andreas
(IRC: scheuran)