[Openstack-operators] [neutron] - deprecation of max_fixed_ips_per_port

Kevin Benton blak111 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 23:25:49 UTC 2015

Hi,

There is an option in Neutron called max_fixed_ips_per_port that limits the
number of IP addresses that can be assigned to each port. It doesn't appear
to have a clear use case since we prevent users from setting IPs on ports
attached to networks they don't own (shared networks). I have filed a
bug[1] to deprecate it for removal in N.

If you have a use case for max_fixed_ips_per_port that I am missing, please
provide feedback on the bug report.

1. https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1502356

Cheers
--