[Openstack-operators] instances floating IPs not reachable while restarting nova-network

Joe Topjian joe at topjian.net
Thu Nov 26 16:23:17 UTC 2015

Yup, this is expected. It happens for both single-host and multi-host. With
the former, we have an older environment where it takes around 10 minutes
for all network access to resume. That's with a few hundred tenants, a few
hundred vlans, and a few hundred floating IPs all on one host, though.

>From your list of reasons for restarting, we only need to restart
nova-network for config changes. If you're running into odd issues that you
think nova-network might be causing, definitely feel free to describe some
symptoms :)

Joe