[Openstack-operators] Operational Director?

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Tue Nov 24 19:00:39 UTC 2015

Changing the individual election process has become somewhat easier given the changes in 2014 to reflect the community size by requiring a bylaws change to be approved by 10% of the community (https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/2014ProposedBylawsAmendment). As the community passes 30,000 members, even a 10% turnout becomes significant. Maish's analysis at http://technodrone.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-openstack-elections-another-look.html is an interesting reflection on the results and process.

It is very difficult to judge how the results under a different system would turn out (2015 results at https://www.bigpulse.com/pollresults?code=4465BagptIqcEjm73VjmEpTk)

I would certainly encourage board candidate proposals from all areas of the community along with good participation in the election. There are lots of other ways to participate though such as user committee working groups which would welcome further participation (https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/UserCommittee)

Tim