[Openstack-operators] Measuring how fast is my Cloud with OpenStack

Munoz, Obed N obed.n.munoz at intel.com
Tue Nov 24 17:27:17 UTC 2015

Hi folks,

I was just wondering if there’s a good way or framework for measuring how fast an OpenStack cloud is?

As far I can see we could divide measurements from 2 perspectives:

  1.  Operators Perspective
     *   I think Rally may help on that. https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Rally
     *   Any other recommendation is more than welcome.
  2.  Customers or Users Perspective
     *   I think it refers to the performance of how fast a customer’s application can be launched or scaled.
     *   Is there an automatic benchmark tool for it?

I really appreciate if someone of you could share some insights about how measuring OpenStack’s provided cloud by
taking in consideration these 2 perspectives.

Obed N Munoz
Cloud Engineer @ ClearLinux Project
Open Source Technology Center
Intel Corporation