[Openstack-operators] [nova] Improve performance of unshelve api

Kekane, Abhishek Abhishek.Kekane at nttdata.com
Mon Nov 23 06:58:11 UTC 2015

Hi Operators,

I have added a nova-specs [1] which talks about improving performance of unshelve api which we want to implement during Mitaka release.
We have following use cases for the same.

1. User wants unshelving instance to be faster irrespective of how the instance is booted (EBS volume or image), mainly when the instance is booted from image.

2. Service provider wants to use compute capacity of shelved instances for launching new instances on the shelved compute host.

Please go through this nova-specs and let us know your opinion about the usefulness of this feature.

Thank you in advance.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/135387

Abhishek Kekane

Disclaimer: This email and any attachments are sent in strictest confidence
for the sole use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged,
confidential, and proprietary data. If you are not the intended recipient,
please advise the sender by replying promptly to this email and then delete
and destroy this email and any attachments without any further use, copying
or forwarding.