[Openstack-operators] OPs Midcycle location discussion.

David Medberry openstack at medberry.net
Tue Nov 17 19:10:02 UTC 2015

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 11:45 AM, Erik McCormick <emccormick at cirrusseven.com
> wrote:

> We're deciding not to innovate a solution to allow people to
> participate in a group that is attempting to provide innovative ideas.
> How ironic. I actually don't think it would require much innovation.
> The Ceph guys run their entire design summit remotely, and I'm certain
> that it way beyond one or two people.

Yes, going "whole hog" into a virtual session actually works reasonably
well. UDS have been like this for a few years (but there is dramatically
less participation than when it was f2f.) It works LESS well (IME) when
there are a large group local and a minority remote but works reasonably
well when that remote minority is 1-2 folks.