[Openstack-operators] [nova] FYI, local conductor mode is deprecated, pending removal in N

Andrew Laski andrew at lascii.com
Thu Nov 12 14:15:07 UTC 2015

On 11/12/15 at 09:31pm, Yaguang Tang wrote:
>There are still performance issue in large deployment to use
>nova-conductor, how do we make this decision to deprecate local mode? I see
>the patch is merged only three days after submit.

There is no timeline for removal of local mode at this time for exactly
the reason you mention.  It will be removed no earlier than the N cycle
though.  The deprecation is intended to signal that deployers should
start thinking about how to move to remote conductor and not expect
local mode to be around forever.  And it was always intended to be
temporary while deployments transitioned.

It would be helpful if you could report the performance issues that you
are seeing so that remote conductor can be improved to accommodate
deployments of all sizes.