[Openstack-operators] [Fuel][ceph] Fuel 7.0 Ceph dm-crypt and multi-site redundancy

Andrew Woodward xarses at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 01:59:50 UTC 2015

There are no provisions in fuel currently for more complex operations like
dm-crypt and tuning crush topology. Both can be accomplished post
deployment manually however. For dm-crypt you can remove the osd and Re add
it using ceph-deploy (you will want to update the partition GUID to match
this usage for automatic mounting )

For topology changes, I'd just refer to the crush map documentation.

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015, 2:21 AM Forrest Flagg <raymond.flagg at maine.edu> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm having some trouble finding information about using Fuel and Ceph
> together with more complex options such as encryption and multi-site
> redundancy.  Does anyone know how to use Fuel to enabled dm-crypt for ceph
> and if so what sort of performance hit you take when doing so?  What about
> having multi-site ceph nodes for offsite backup?  Would using federated
> gateways be a workable option or is there a better way to deal with of
> off-site redundancy/backup?  Thanks,
>
> Forrest

Andrew Woodward

Mirantis