[Openstack-operators] [openstack-dev] [stable][all] Keeping Juno "alive" for longer.

Jonathan Proulx jon at csail.mit.edu
Mon Nov 9 19:26:48 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 09, 2015 at 07:18:16PM +0000, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
:On 2015-11-09 19:01:36 +0000 (+0000), Tom Cameron wrote:
:[...]
:> What do the user/operator surveys say about the usage of older
:> releases? What portion of the user base is actually on releases
:> prior to Havana?
:
:The most recent OpenStack User Survey Report has an awesome trending
:analysis answering this exact question. See page 22 (labeled 21) of
:https://www.openstack.org/assets/survey/Public-User-Survey-Report.pdf
:for a very appropriate graph.

It's important to note that this is with the current pressure to keep
up with 6mo cadence.

It doesn't reflect howmany would prefer slower LTS style updates
because that's not an option.

That said I agree focusing on making single cycle upgrades work
soothly is probably effort better spent at this time and once we have
a good story on single cycle live upgrades think about how/if we
extend that to a multi cycle LTS.

-Jon