[Openstack-operators] [Large Deployments Team] Summit Meeting Notes & Actions

Mike Dorman mdorman at godaddy.com
Wed Nov 4 22:05:24 UTC 2015

Thanks to everyone who was able to attend the LDT session in Tokyo!  I wanted to just briefly summarize some of the key points and action items.

* Neutron segmented/routed networks
  * Encourage you to follow & provide feedback on the Neutron spec [1]

* Cells v1 Patches
  * Many of the patches we gathered in [2] are no longer relevant or have been addressed some other way
  * Several will require a blueprint to get them into Nova
  * ACTION: mdorman to build a spec for vif plug patch [3].  If this goes well we can model future specs for other patches after this.
  * ACTION: sorrison to resubmit trivial cell name display patch [4]

* Public Clouds
  * Gathered good list of requirements/nice-to-haves in the etherpad [5]
  * Will go over these more in future IRC meeting to figure out what next steps to take on these.

* Glance Asks
  * List gathered in etherpad [6]
  * Also will discuss these in more detail in later meetings to determine appropriate RFE process.

I’ve also updated our couple wiki pages [7,8] with more current info based on results from the summit.

Our next meeting will be on Friday, November 20th at 3:00 UTC in #openstack-operators [8]  Please join us!

Thanks all!
Mike

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/225384/
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/PAO-LDT-cells-patches