[Openstack-operators] How to install magnum?

Mike Perez thingee at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 17:48:15 UTC 2015

On 18:51 Oct 28, Mike Perez wrote:
> On 12:35 Oct 28, JJ Asghar wrote:
> > >
> > > I was not able to find this information in the Magnum wiki [1], except for the
> > > developer quick start. Doing a quick search, other related threads point
> > > to the dev docs for installation, which is developer centric.
> > >
> > > Adrian, is this something missing in documentation, or did we miss it?
> > >
> > > [1] - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Magnum
> > >

> > Yep, this would be awesome. It's neat to see the integrations with
> > DevStack, but getting it to work in a "prod" environment seems confusing
> > at best.
> >
> > I've attempted a couple times now, and failed each one. I'm more then
> > willing to help debug/QA the docs that yall decide to put together.
>
> Since we're doing so much talk about Magnum in Keynotes for the Tokyo OpenStack
> summit, and there are install confusion, we should probably work on that.
> I have raised this in the next meeting [1], which I will bring up this thread
> in.
>
> [1] - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/Containers#Agenda_for_2015-11-03_1600_UTC

During the Magnum meeting today [1] it seems like this was previously discussed
at the last Magnum midcycle to improve this documentation in the Mitaka release
[2].

[1] - http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/containers/2015/containers.2015-11-03-16.01.log.html#l-150
[2] - https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/magnum-mitaka-summit-meetup

--