[Openstack-operators] [ops] Operator Local Patches

Darragh Bailey daragh.bailey at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 18:36:13 UTC 2015

Hi,

Although I was at Tokyo, I only spotted the session "Ops: What Patches
are you carrying locally?" that was on the Tuesday after it had been
held. As I'm involved in writing some software to help with automating
around aligning local patches carried for HP Helion with upstream I
would have liked to attended to find out more about what work flow
others are using in carrying patches.

Looking through the archived mailing list I came across an email
containing the following:

> Just spit balling here....
>
> But wouldn't the way you deploy/patch these patches be good for the
> OSOps tools? I bet there is some overlap and having a discussion around
> how to get those patches _out_ would be a good topic?
>
> (Probably for the Tools WG, but worth mentioning here)

Wondering if there was anything discussed at the session on this? or if
it's been discussed at the Tools WG?

For some context about, a very brief vbrownbag I gave at Tokyo
https://youtu.be/kISi4NN1Az4 on a tool called git-upstream
(https://github.com/openstack/git-upstream).

The current time for meetings will generally clash for me, but I'm
generally on IRC in #openstack-infra, nick is electrofelix. Wondering if
there is a channel that people on this list hang out in?

--
Darragh Bailey
"Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool" - Unknown