[Openstack-operators] "No longer doing stable point releases" discussion on openstack-dev

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri May 29 13:54:42 UTC 2015

Hi Ops,

I just started a wider discussion about the proposal we made in
Vancouver to stop doing "stable point releases" in the future, which can
be TL;DR: as:

- We propose to stop tagging coordinated point releases (like 2015.1.1)
- We continue maintaining stable branches as a trusted source of stable
updates for all projects though

In the spirit of avoiding cross-posting and broken threads, I invite you
to read the post at:

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-May/065144.html

You can either comment there or on the thread here. I'll follow both.
Cheers,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)