[Openstack-operators] Neutron HA With VRRP (2 Master Nodes, Bogus VRRP packet)

Assaf Muller amuller at redhat.com
Tue May 26 14:12:09 UTC 2015

Comments in-line.

----- Original Message -----
> On 26-05-2015 16:46, Assaf Muller wrote:
> > Are you running the same version of the code on both nodes?
>
> For keepalived, yes. For neutron, no. First node is deployed using Mirantis
> Fuel. Apparently, neutron --version reports 2.3.9. The second node is
> deployed
> using cloudarchive repository (on ubuntu 14.04) and neutron --version reports
> 2.3.8. I'm not sure about the patches that mirantis applies.

OK looking at the generated keepalived.conf I suspected the nodes were using
different Neutron versions. Yes, this could have an impact.

> Does this minor difference affect the outcome?
Yes. There were changed in this area between those two versions.

> Should I try installing the
> second node using mirantis repositories or completely isolate neutron nodes
> and
> deploy them using ubuntu cloudarchive repository?

I'd install them via the same tool, make sure the outcome is the same Neutron
code on both nodes with the same patches applied, recreate the routers entirely
and see what happens. If it works, work from there.