[Openstack-operators] Tracing requests across services in the logs

Simon Pasquier spasquier at mirantis.com
Wed May 20 12:39:57 UTC 2015

Hi,
During the ops session on logging [0], we discussed how to correlate
between request ids when a request crosses service boundaries.
I'd encourage everybody interested by this effort to look at the proposed
specifications [1] [2] and provide feedback. One of the questions raised is
whether it makes sense to have a unique request id or different request ids
per service with a way to map them together.
BR,
Simon

[0] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/YVR-ops-logging
[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/156508/