[Openstack-operators] [nova] Can we bump MIN_LIBVIRT_VERSION to 1.2.2 in Liberty?

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri May 15 10:04:49 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 06:25:48AM +0000, Tim Bell wrote:

> What are the benefits of upping the minimum libvirt ?
>
> We've got 3,200 hypervisors still running  v6 with a plan to
> gradually migrate to 7 but this does take some time. We'll
> see with RDO this week as to how/if we can get something
> going with SCL on v6.

Tim, if you can't get Python 2.7 from SCL working acceptably,
what would be your fallback approach ?  Would you try to patch
Nova to work on Python 2.6 again, or would you simply delay
updating Nova until you have v7 hosts to run on ?

Likewise if we were to decide to drop support for libvrt in
v6 from Nova, how would you imagine dealing with that ? Would
you just re-add the compat code we removed from Nova to make
it work with old libvirt again ?

Regards,
Daniel