[Openstack-operators] [nova] Backlog Specs: a way to send requirements to the developer community

John Garbutt john at johngarbutt.com
Thu May 14 17:47:24 UTC 2015

Hi,

I was talking with Matt (VW) about how best some large deployment
working sessions could send their requirements to Nova.

As an operator, if you have a problem that needs fixing or use case
that needs addressing, a great way of raising that issue with the
developer community is a "Backlog" nova-spec.

You can read more about Nova's backlog specs here:
http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/nova-specs/specs/backlog/

Any questions, comments or ideas, please do let me know.

Thanks,
John

PS
In Kilo we formally started accepting "backlog specs", although we are
only just getting the first of these submitted now. There is actually
a patch to fix up how they get rendered:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/182793/2