[Openstack-operators] ha queues Juno periodic rabbitmq errors

Kevin Bringard (kevinbri) kevinbri at cisco.com
Thu May 14 15:29:00 UTC 2015

If you're using Rabbit 3.x you need to enable HA queues via policy on the
rabbit server side.

Something like this:

rabbitmqctl set_policy ha-all ""
'{"ha-mode":"all","ha-sync-mode":"automatic"}'

Obviously, tailor it to your own needs :-)

We've also seen issues with TCP_RETRIES2 needing to be turned way down
because when rebooting the rabbit node, it takes quite some time for the
remote host to realize it's gone and tear down the connections.