[Openstack-operators] chef

aishwarya.adyanthaya at accenture.com aishwarya.adyanthaya at accenture.com
Thu May 14 06:21:50 UTC 2015

Hi J,

I ran the command 'knife node list' and found the list to be empty while the 'knife client list' command displays chef-validator and chef-webui. It seems like when I was creating the node through  knife openstack server create the node got launched successfully in the dashboard and I'm able to ssh the node but the command gives error as:

Doing old-style registration with the validation key at /root/chef-repo/.chef/chef-validator.pem...
Delete your validation key in order to use your user credentials instead

Connecting to x.x.x.x
FATAL: Check if --bootstrap-protocol and --image-os-type is correct. connection closed by remote host
ERROR: Net::SSH::Disconnect: Check if --bootstrap-protocol and --image-os-type is correct. connection closed by remote host

The command I'm using to create the node is:

knife openstack server create -f 2 -I ubuntu_image -a external_id--network-ids alphanumeric_id -S chef_key -N node_name