[Openstack-operators] chef

aishwarya.adyanthaya at accenture.com aishwarya.adyanthaya at accenture.com
Wed May 13 04:46:49 UTC 2015

Hi,

While I try to answer “N” to the overwrite this is what I get:

root at master:~/chef-repo# knife bootstrap external_ip –i /home/oss/chef_key.pem -x ash --sudo -V
INFO: Using configuration from /root/chef-repo/.chef/knife.rb
Node  exists, overwrite it? (Y/N) n
You said no, so I'm done here.
root at master:~/chef-repo#

My knife.rb reads like this:
log_level                                              :info
log_location                                       STDOUT
node_name                                       'ash'
client_key                                           '/root/chef-repo/.chef/ash.pem'
validation_client_name                'chef-validator'
validation_key                                  '/root/chef-repo/.chef/chef-validator.pem'
chef_server_url                               'https://master:443'
syntax_check_cache_path          '/root/chef-repo/.chef/syntax_check_cache'
cookbook_path [ '/root/chef-repo/cookbooks' ]

### Note: If you are not proxying HTTPS to the OpenStack auth port, the scheme should be HTTP
knife[:openstack_auth_url] = "http://controller:5000/v2.0/tokens"
knife[:openstack_username] = "admin"
knife[:openstack_password] = "admin "
knife[:openstack_tenant] = "admin"

root at master:~/chef-repo/.chef# ls
admin.pem  ash.pem  knife.rb  syntax_check_cache  trusted_certs