[Openstack-operators] chef

JJ Asghar jasghar at chef.io
Tue May 12 18:09:59 UTC 2015

> On May 12, 2015, at 10:06 AM, Abel Lopez <alopgeek at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think the error comes from your chef server, not openstack API. Have you tried answering "N" to the overwrite?
>
>> On May 12, 2015, at 4:48 AM, aishwarya.adyanthaya at accenture.com <mailto:aishwarya.adyanthaya at accenture.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I’m trying to integrate chef-server(version 11.0.10) with Ubuntu Openstack. I’m able to create an instance from the chef server in the openstack dashboard but I get an error while trying to bootstrap the node. The error is as described below:
>>
>> root at master:~/chef-repo# knife bootstrap external_ip –i /home/oss/chef_key.pem -x ash --sudo -V
>> INFO: Using configuration from /root/chef-repo/.chef/knife.rb
>> Node  exists, overwrite it? (Y/N) y
>> INFO: HTTP Request Returned 405 Method Not Allowed:
>> ERROR: Method Not Allowed
>> Response:
>>
>> I configured security rules in the dashboard by adding http, https, ssh but it doesn’t seem to work. Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong? Thanks in advance!
>>
>> Aishwarya Adyanthaya

Hi!

Ashwarya, any chance can you come around to #openstack-chef on freenode? We have a great community there and I’m betting we can help move you forward with your issue. If you’d like to directly ping me i’m j^2 in the channel, and am almost always there.

And to parriot what Abel is saying it looks like that issue is related to you not removing the node from your chef server, but we can talk more detail there.

Best Regards,
JJ Asghar
c: 512.619.0722 t: @jjasghar