[Openstack-operators] OpenStack services and ca certificate config entries

Erik McCormick emccormick at cirrusseven.com
Thu Mar 26 03:36:50 UTC 2015

I'll start by saying I went the system bundle route also and have thus far
had no issues with it. I'll also say that I'm using RDO packages still and
not doing anything with venvs or pip installed stuff.

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 6:33 PM, Michael Still <mikal at stillhq.com> wrote:

> Thanks for starting this thread Jesse. I agree that heat looks like a
> good model for other projects to model themselves on here.
>
> Can anyone think of a use case for having a per client / driver CA
> file? I can't, but perhaps I'm missing something.
>
> There could potentially be instances where one service would be running
certificates issued off of one internal CA and others on another, but
really I don't see the point of splitting them out when you can concatenate
the CA certificates together and feed it in as a bundle that covers
everything.  This one section from Heat would cover everything I would
think.

[clients]
ca_file = <path>

-Erik