[Openstack-operators] [Neutron][Nova] No Valid Host when booting new VM with Public IP

Kris G. Lindgren klindgren at godaddy.com
Wed Mar 18 17:54:02 UTC 2015

Assuming that you are running juno, the starting/booting of vm's has been moved from the scheduler to conductor.  This move has resulted in any error booting a vm returning a no valid host found error.  This was a regressions that I understand should be working on getting fixed.

That said your errors regarding vif plugging are most likely the reason why you can't boot a vm.  Can you provide the output for your public network?  Assuming that the public network is configured as shared *AND* you have ml2 plugin configured on your compute nodes to be able to connect to that network (IE bridge mappings and the like) neutron will happily plug your vm into the "public network" where  normally your L3 routers are taking ip's.  I assume that physnet2 is your private network and physnet1 is suppose to be the public network?

What do the vif plugging errors say?

Kris Lindgren
Senior Linux Systems Engineer
GoDaddy, LLC.