[Openstack-operators] Running openstack beyond private data cetnre

Zeeshan Ali Shah zashah at kth.se
Sun Mar 8 10:09:07 UTC 2015

Hi All, I am running OS in our private data centre and it works well.

As usual most of the setups are Rack mounts which dedicated central switch
and you as admin has control of networks (more or less) .   Usual setup is
to get pool of public IP addresses and install neutron on one node to have
elastic ips .

Above works well for a central data centre.

Now I am interested to use openstack for my private hosting infrastructure.
Three issues are :

1)  I have dedicated servers from OVH and Hetzner ,
2)  even in Hetzner servers are on different DCs and
3)  no private interfaces and
4)  public ips are not from one pool .

Which means I cannot have a central Neutron ..

Any suggestion how to exploit openstack for hosting environments like above
?

--

Regards

Zeeshan Ali Shah