[Openstack-operators] [nova] Deprecation of ComputeFilter

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 18:48:02 UTC 2015

On 03/06/2015 10:43 AM, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On 3/6/15 10:27 AM, Jay Pipes wrote:
>>
>> As for adding another CONF option, I'm -1 on that. I see no valid reason
>> to schedule workloads to disabled hosts.
>
> There may be a better way to skin this cat, but one scenario is we have
> a host that has alerted, we want to evacuate it and prevent any future
> builds from going there so we disable it. But after repairing, we want
> to introduce OUR load to it first to test it before putting CUSTOMER
> load on it, so we'd like to be able to schedule something to the
> disabled host.

Have you ever done this in practice?

One way of doing this would be to enable the host after adding it to a
host aggregate that only has your administrative tenant allowed. Then
launch an instance specifying some host aggregate extra_spec tag and the
launch request will go to that host...

Best,
-jay