[Openstack-operators] Packaging with fpm

Mathieu Gagné mgagne at iweb.com
Wed Mar 4 17:39:34 UTC 2015

On 2015-03-04 12:18 PM, Clint Byrum wrote:
> Excerpts from Mathieu Gagné's message of 2015-03-04 08:31:45 -0800:
>>
>> I really like APT repositories and would like to continue using them for
>> the time being.
>
> I'm impressed you took the time to setup dput!

It's super simple to setup and use. Create a basic dput.cf and you are
good to go.

 > You can also use reprepro, which is somewhat handy for combining a
 > remote repo with locally built debs:

I use reprepro too. Super simple to setup and use, would recommend.

 > You really only need to run apt-ftparchive on a directory full of debs:
 >
 > apt-ftparchive packages path/to/your/debs | gzip > Packages.gz

This is something I would like to avoid as I might not always have full
shell access to the repository from where the package is built.

Furthermore, I don't have access to all the packages in the repository
in the same folder to manually generate Packages.gz. (reprepro can do it
for me)

Ideally, I would like to upload a signed .changes control file to ensure
the package wasn't tampered with or got corrupted during the transfer.
(since .changes contains checksums)

--
Mathieu