[Openstack-operators] Migrating keystone from MySQL to LDAP

Caius Howcroft caius.howcroft at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 15:36:22 UTC 2015

Hi,

We are in the process of migrating off MySQL backend for keystone and
into LDAP. Just wondering if anyone ad any experience with this? I'm
going to have to keep all the id's the same (or else go in and change
project ids etc in things like cinder db). Looks like keystone API
doesn't allow me to force a uuid at creation time for projects, roles
and users. I can go in and create the projects etc in a python script
directly, but thats a bit messy.

Just wondered if anyone had a done this and had a neater solution?

Caius