[Openstack-operators] Configuring migrations in multinode kilo

Yuki Nishiwaki uckey.1067 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 18:26:06 UTC 2015

Abhishek,

These article may be useful .
 - (http://blog.zhaw.ch/icclab/setting-up-live-migration-in-openstack-icehouse/)
 - (http://docs.openstack.org/admin-guide-cloud/content/section_configuring-compute-migrations.html)

If you want to easily try to live-migration , I recommended you change migration-uri from ssh to tcp.
So you may need to change the following configuration.

- live_migration_uri ( in nova.conf )  from  "qemu+ssh://hogehoge@%s/system”  to “qemu+tcp://%s/system”
- listen_tls (in /etc/libvirt/libvirtd.conf ) from “1” to “0”
- listen_tcp ( in /etc/libvirt/libvritd.conf ) from “comment out” to “1”
- tcp_port (  in /etc/libvirt/libvritd.conf ) from “comment out” to “16509”
- auth_tcp ( in /etc/libvirt/libvritd.conf ) from “sasl” to “none”
- libvirtd_opts ( in /etc/default/libvirt-bin ) from “-d” to “-d -l”

I hope this information help you.

Yuki Nishiwaki