[Openstack-operators] [ops][tags][packaging] ops:packaging tag - a little common sense, please

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Jun 16 08:17:25 UTC 2015

Thanks Jay for this.

I basically agree with all you wrote.

On 06/10/2015 07:51 PM, Jay Pipes wrote:
> I don't believe the Ops Tags team should be curating the packaging tags
> -- the packaging community should do that, and do that under the main
> openstack/governance repository.
>
> Packagers, I would love it if you would curate a set of tags that looks
> kind of like this:
>
>  - packaged:centos:kilo
>  - packaged:ubuntu:liberty
>  - packaged:sles:juno

As you wrote, the list will be *very* outdated *very* fast. I don't see
the point of having such tagging scheme, when all is available in a
central place [1] already.

I'm not happy either with the fact that there would be only a single
"apt" definition for the quality, when Debian & Ubuntu packages are
different. Especially when I take a great care of reducing the number of
bugs within the Debian tracker [2]. I've raised the issue multiple times
on the blueprint, but I basically got ignored.

If we want this blueprint to get through, please take into account
remarks that reviewers are making.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)

[1]
https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=openstack-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org

[2]
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?which=maint&data=openstack-devel%40lists.alioth.debian.org&archive=no&raw=yes&bug-rev=yes&pend-exc=fixed&pend-exc=done

Note on this URL: Yes, only 6 buts reported currently opened in Debian,
out of 242 packages. And with 5 of the bugs needing upstream actions
(getting out of suds, pyeclib needing a new release), and one pending
Debian FTP masters approval of the package. It's like zero actionable
bugs to me!!! Please do submit a bug, and I'll do my best to close it in
a record time...