[Openstack-operators] [puppet] OpenStack Puppet Modules Usage Questions

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Tue Jun 16 00:18:28 UTC 2015

On 06/15/2015 07:46 PM, Richard Raseley wrote:
> As part of wrapping up the few remaining 'loose ends' in moving the
> Puppet modules under the big tent, we are pressing forward with
> deprecating the previously used 'puppet-openstack at puppetlabs.com'
> mailing list in favor of both the openstack-dev and openstack-operators
> lists with the '[puppet]' tag.
>
> Usage of the openstack-dev list seems pretty straight forward, but we
> wanted to confirm with the broader community that this list
> (openstack-operators) was the appropriate venue for Puppet and OpenStack
> related usage questions.
>
> Any objections to this model?

FWIW, we already [1] decided to go forward with using the
openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org mailing list for developer discussion.

"Please continue to use the puppet-openstack- at puppetlabs.com mailing
list for usage questions, as the openstack-dev mailing list is not
appropriate for that." > I don't see much people using it, and I'm fine
with it.

I think using openstack-dev with [puppet] tag is the way to go, but we
wanted to keep the old mailing list for our users.

[1]
https://groups.google.com/a/puppetlabs.com/forum/#!topic/puppet-openstack/NfoAxBeSOIY