[Openstack-operators] Allow user to see instances of other users

Sławek Kapłoński slawek at kaplonski.pl
Thu Jun 11 19:40:36 UTC 2015

Hello,

I don't think it is possible because in nova/db/sqlalchemy/api.py in function
instance_get_all_by_filters You have something like:

if not context.is_admin:
        # If we're not admin context, add appropriate filter..
        if context.project_id:
            filters['project_id'] = context.project_id
        else:
            filters['user_id'] = context.user_id

This is from Juno, but in Kilo it is the same. So in fact even if You will set
proper policy.json rules it will still require admin context to search
instances from different tenants. Maybe I'm wrong and this is in some other
place possible and maybe someone will show me where because I was also looking
for it last time :)

--
Pozdrawiam / Best regards
Sławek Kapłoński