[Openstack-operators] [Tags] Tags Team Repo & our first tags!

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Jun 5 18:42:50 UTC 2015

On 2015-06-05 18:34:02 +0000 (+0000), Tim Bell wrote:
> But if there is one package out of all of the OS options, does
> that make true or false ? Or do we have a rule that says a 1 means
> that at least CentOS and Ubuntu are packaged ?
>
> I remain to be convinced that a 0 or 1 can be achieved within the
> constraints that we need something which is useful for the
> operators rather than mathematically correct.
>
> Let’s not forget the target audience for the Ops tags.

This doesn't seem orthogonal to the idea of tags as boolean flags.
Is there any reason not to have separate tags like
packaged-in-ubuntu and packaged-in-centos? Of course there's still
some ambiguity over details like "how new is the packaged version?"
and "in what release(s) of the distro?" but those are probably
things you could build tag-qualifying rules around.
--
Jeremy Stanley