[Openstack-operators] Load on Keystone database

Ramakrishna, Deepti deepti.ramakrishna at intel.com
Wed Jun 3 18:07:11 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am currently working on fixing bug #1456797<https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1456797>, which is about building a mechanism to purge expired token revocation events from keystone database. While investigating this bug, I noticed that we actually already purge expired revocation events, but we do it from the list-revocation-events API. Since the list-revocation-events API is so frequently called, this translates to high frequency of delete calls on the keystone database. I was wondering if any of you have noticed issues arising due to this load on keystone db. If so, I would be interested in hearing about your experience. If the current design unduly stresses the db, I can move out the purge feature from the list-revocation-events API.

Thanks,
Deepti