[Openstack-operators] [Tags] Tags Team Repo & our first tags!

Richard Raseley richard at raseley.com
Wed Jun 3 17:29:36 UTC 2015

Thierry Carrez wrote:
> It's visible in the tag description. Each tag is backed by a precise
> definition that explains what the tag means.
>
> Tags as designed are labels, not metrics. We define what "well-packaged"
> means, and then apply that label to projects that fit the bill.
>
> If we mix the messaging by making tags be both labels and metrics, then
> it will be extra-hard to make a project navigation website to expose both.
>
> That said, the Ops tags WG is pretty much on the same line -- the
> discussion we had in Vancouver was that we should define subjectively
> what "well-packaged" means, and than apply it objectively. Same for the
> other ops tags. So I think we are actually on the same line...

I just wanted to add my voice to say that, as an operator, I completely
agree with what both you and Jay are saying here.

The tags do offer value (I've come around since the mid-cycle operators
meet-up), and I think we should remain consistent in terms of defining
the model around them as a binary indication of compliance with a
particular set of criteria.