[Openstack-operators] Kubernetes

aishwarya.adyanthaya at accenture.com aishwarya.adyanthaya at accenture.com
Wed Jun 3 06:35:27 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to build a kubernetes setup on Ubuntu 14.04 (1 master, 1 minion) so that I can integrate with my Openstack. The configurations I've done up till now are:

On Master node:
-Installed docker,
-etcd 2.0
-Cloned the kubernetes.git and performed make release,
-Where do you configure this?
ETCD_OPTS="-listen-client-urls=http://kube-master:4001"
-kube-apiserver,kube-controller-manager,kube-scheduler has been configured.
The services were in running state(kube-apiserver,kube-controller-manager,kube-scheduler,etcd)

On Minion node:
-Installed docker,
-Cloned the kubernetes.git and performed make release,
-kube-proxy and kubelet services were configured.
Both the services kube-proxy and kubelet are in running state.

The issue I am facing here is when I run the command to fetch kube minion details:
/opt/bin/kubectl get minions
NAME            LABELS    STATUS
kube-minion     <none>    NotReady

The document I have been following is-https://devops.profitbricks.com/tutorials/getting-started-with-a-multi-node-kubernetes-cluster-on-ubuntu/ and it seems to be facing the same error. How do I get the node status as Ready? Does it have something to do with the service configurations?

Thank you in advance!
Aishwarya